Comedian Craig Ferguson, host of The Late, Late Show on CBS, will not perform as scheduled at Hamilton place on Friday.

Due to an illness the show has been rescheduled to March 21.

Ferguson took to Twitter to announce that he would reschedule eight Canadian dates. He later Tweeted "According to my Doctor I have 2 Sinus infections. 1 is viral. The other is bacterial. I'm awash in torrents of thick custards phlegm."

Another update on his condition was sent Wednesday. Ferguson Tweeted "I am on a course of antibiotics for my sinus infection(s). Does this mean I have to have the Jamie Lee Curtis poop yogurt?"

Tickets for the Friday, Jan. 24, date at Hamilton Place, will be honoured for the March 21 show. Anyone unable to attend the show in March can refund their tickets at the original point of purchase by Jan. 31.